I was going back through my goals for January, and thought I should probably work on #7- finding a new podcast to be addicted to, since Serial is over for now (side note- anyone following Adnan's case? OMG! Aaaaand I just realized I'm a nerd). I like to listen to podcasts instead of music when I go for walks, so it'd be nice to find one that holds my attention. It's also nice to turn one on as background noise while I'm doing chores. Here are some that I think you may enjoy (in no particular order):
1) Welcome to Night Vale- a fictional, scripted podcast. It's a creepy but funny parody of community radio. Pro: pretty funny and entertaining, and a nice length at around 20 minutes apiece. Many years of podcasts to listen to. Con: sorta creepy to listen to walking alone on a deserted road.
2) The Memory Palace- stories that you've probably never heard from the past. Pro: interesting, especially if you're into history. Con: each is only a couple minutes long.
3) My Brother, My Brother and Me- A comedy advice show featuring three real-life brothers. Pro: Actually made me laugh out loud, perfect length for a walk at about an hour each, and lots of episodes to listen to for new peeps. Con: it's not for the kiddies. There is swearing and sometimes adultish content. Sometimes they ramble a bit TOO much about dumb stuff (still pretty funny though).
4) The Read- pretty much just a chatty show where Kid Fury and Crissle go back and forth about pop culture, advice and stuff. Where the phrase f*ckboy originated. Pro: It's funny, entertaining and Fury and Crissle have great chemistry. They come out weekly and are pretty long, which is nice when you're on a long walk. Con: Some language (if you don't like that stuff) and if you aren't into pop culture... this is not the podcast you're looking for.
5) The Flop House- an hour long podcast, each one centered around discussing terrible movies. Pro: Pretty entertaining and a good length for long walks. Con: how much can you REALLY listen to people discuss bad movies? I actually love studying film, especially bad ones, but I feel you should be warned.
Any others I should check out? Tell me! :)- Rachelle